What’s the Green Party policy on senior care?Michael, from West Vancouver
Thank you for voicing your concern about how Canada cares for our seniors.
I’m excited to share the Green Party’s plan to end the disproportionate poverty that Canadian seniors are living in, and to treat them with the care and respect that society’s elders deserve.
Our National Seniors Strategy includes:
- A Housing plan, with affordable, predictable home care support;
- A Guaranteed Livable Income to ensure no Canadian lives in poverty;
- Pharmacare – strongly benefits seniors;
- A National Dementia Strategy, including more long-term care beds in neighbourhood facilities;
- An approach that supports “aging in place”;
- Pension protection, expansion of the Canada Pension Plan;
- Promotion of intergenerational programs that allow our kids – from toddlers to high school students – to visit seniors and develop relationships that have proven benefits to both generations;
- Convenient and safe public transport to support independent living;
- Access to the equity in homes to support day-to-day living expenses.
I look forward to representing you in Ottawa, where you can count on me to work hard for Canada’s seniors to make a long life something to be proud of and enjoy.